You think it. We create it
Get your custom free quote by calling us on Quality Timber Flooring
or complete our online form today.
Find the Right Flooring in St Kilda at Quality Timber Flooring
If you’re in the process of choosing new flooring in St Kilda, you may be trying to decide between timber and laminate – two great options with different benefits. At Quality Timber flooring, we offer a range of flooring including hardwood and laminate, bamboo, parquet, and more. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and help you choose the best flooring type for your needs.
Tips Regarding Laminate and Timber Flooring in St Kilda
A good way to decide between laminate and hardwood flooring is to consider a few factors and decide which option suits your needs best. As you make your choice, think about:
– Ease of maintenance. Laminate flooring is extremely easy to maintain, requiring only regular sweeping or wiping with a damp cloth. Hardwood floors need a little more attention to keep them looking their best over time.
– Ease of repair. In general, hardwood flooring is easier to repair than laminate. It can also be sanded and refinished to make it look new again; this is not an option with laminate.
– Durability. Laminate flooring stands up very well to foot traffic, spills, sunlight, etc. Hardwood floors can last much longer than laminate but require careful maintenance to keep them in top shape.
- Longevity. Depending on your goals, you may want to invest more in a floor that will last a lifetime (hardwood) or opt for lower-maintenance laminate, which will still last around 15 – 20 years.
Common Mistakes People Make re Timber Flooring in St Kilda
Your choice of flooring is highly personal; the right option for you depends on many factors such as your preference, lifestyle, the time you’re willing to spend on maintenance, and more. If you do decide that hardwood is right for you, here are some common mistakes to avoid to ensure that you get the most value from your beautiful new floor.
– Not allowing enough installation time. Be sure to ask your installers how long it will take and plan accordingly. You will need to allow a few days after installation before moving furniture into the room.
– Not contrasting colours. For example, if you choose a darker timber floor, you may want to make your walls and furniture lighter and brighter to avoid overwhelming the room with too much of one colour.
– Hiring a contractor based on price alone. Flooring is not an area where you want to cut corners. It’s important to choose quality when it comes to both materials and labour to ensure that your floor looks great and lasts a long time.
At Quality Timber Flooring, we can offer professional advice on caring for your new floor, and we provide quality installation on flooring you’ll love.
About Quality Timber Flooring
Quality Timber Flooring has been operating for over 15 years in the Melbourne area. We provide top-quality hardwood, laminate, parquet, and bamboo flooring options as well as floor sanding in St Kilda to give an older floor new life. We offer fixed price quotes for your peace of mind, and we don’t cut corners; we prioritise quality and customer satisfaction first. Contact us for more information.
The Quality Timber Flooring difference
15 Years in Timber Flooring
Nothing speaks volumes more than years of experience. We have worked tirelessly to build expertise in an industry which sees its fair share of cowboys.
We Don’t Cut Corners!
Quality is an over-used word in the flooring industry. We complete every job to the highest standard and ensure the area is clean and spotless.
Fixed Price Quotes
There is nothing worse than projects going over budget! Our quotes are fixed price to give you piece of mind.